Sunday, September 03, 2006

MUSIC & ME - Weekly Challenge

For this weeks challenge, I thought I'd look to an album cover for inspiration. I plucked a few random albums with completely different covers and popped them in a bag. Then I jumbled them a bit and picked one.



Blimey! Don't think I've ever even heard this... much less thought about it's cover!

I quite liked the unusual shape of the photo though, and the blocky style, so I gave it a go...

I found the finished LO a bit hard...Far too angular, with little softness about the page - and I actually disliked the chopped up photo intensely! Lol!!

Anyway, I had a play... and a few flowers later and a bit of a circle...(you know me and circles) I was feeling slightly happier.



Obviously, it's not an exact replica (my photo was too small for a start) we are talking inspiration here, but it's followed fairly faithfully and yet has somehow still ended up with my stamp on it.

Why not have a go yourself? If you hate this one, choose an album cover of your own to use for inspiration. Maybe you like their colours, or the layout - it might even be the lettering or font you choose to opt for...There's bound to be something on there you can use. Inspiration is all around us.

Go find some in your CD rack.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jakey that is a great idea for inspiration! I shall be nicking that idea forthwith!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea; I am going to give this a go. I love your layout, Jakey - beautiful as ever. Like the sound of that Supremes album, too LOL - Liverpool and Motown combined - what could be better? :)

Anonymous said...

hey thats brilliant ..what a great idea, will try to have a go.

sue xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails