Sunday, September 24, 2006

I miss my blog...

Due to lots of things that have happened recently, I decided last week to have a little break from updating my blog. I didn't feel very sunny and it was getting harder and harder to continue to be positive and upbeat. I guess I felt like I was running the risk of bringing others down with me, and didn't want to be spreading doom and gloom amongst my friends. You don't visit someone's blog to read about their troubles and woes - Heck, we all have troubles enough of our own, eh?

But this few days break has done me good. I've had lots of support from some very nice people - and not just close friends either - but people who have visited, and whom I perhaps visit myself; and I thank you all for checking on me here, for the pm's and the emails and surprise chats on msn. It's amazing the power of a friendly word, a kind gesture... just knowing people care and miss you. I'm pretty overwhelmed to be honest - especially as I didn't think anyone even read my blog!

Anyway. The point of this message is to say that I've missed blogging. Whether anyone reads it or not is irrelevant. For a long time I didn't 'get' blogs.... I really did not. Friends used to say to me "have you read so and so's blog today....?" And I would be scratching my head wondering what on earth it was all about - I honestly couldn't understand why anyone would want to blog their life - much less why someone else would care to read it! But after Debbie decided to go live with the Speshal dares, and Clare set up the Spesh blog, I felt a bit left out not having a blog to link to - it seemed like everyone had one but me - so with help from some very good friends I managed to get this place set up... and finally realised what bloggin was all about. Don't ask me to explain, all I can say is I enjoyed being here, and realised it was fun.. til it wasn't anymore.

I wanted a little break and I've had it. I'm feeling a bit better and trying to be optimistic - I've had enough of half empty glasses... I'm looking for half full one's from now on.

Thank you all for being so kind and loving. You've helped me through a very bad patch - just think of all that Karma!

{{Huge hugs}}

jk xx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to see your back outwie, iv missed you! birds sing xx

Anonymous said...

Peep Peep :)
Jane (Brods)

Beth said...

Great to see you. I love the way you write

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

~waving hello~ Good to see you again in Blogland. :D

jakey said...

I miss you too, outwie - but only very day...

birds sing bambi xx 10 weeks!

Anonymous said...

so good to se you back Hun :-)...and many congrats on your little additions...how lovely ..xxlove Anita..xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails