Thursday, September 07, 2006

Baby fever....!

We are really expecting this time! Babies are on their way!

Yes - that's right - I did say it ................ BABIES!

As a reader of my blog you'll know we've had a pretty shitty time of it just lately.
Redundancy, job changes, promises made and broken... hopes raised and dashed... I've been on a proper roller coaster, never knowing what each day will bring in terms of potential opportunities, and depressing disappointments.....

But today, my other half has had a little offer, and while it's not the greatest chance in the world - and by no means, permanent... it's better than nothing right now - and so today, as Sam might say - is a better day than yesterday.

So, it went like this. This morning I trundled off to work as usual. Dropped Vin at school for his first day back. Got 2 miles down the road and realised I'd left my phone at home on charge...... Damn!

I hate doing that. Obviously we've phones at work, but I text far more than I phone, and always feel cut off when I don't have my mobly in my pocket. I quickly realised the traffic was against me, and gave up on the idea of cutting back to grab the phone..... The northbound A5 at 8.30 in the morning is not a place to prat around... It's a car park at the best of times - so I just resigned myself that I was out the loop for the day, and carried on, on my way.

I had a very busy day as it turned out, and tried to catch Carl at home several times, but because I don't know his mobile number by heart ( as I usually just speed dial) I couldn't reach him for any updates.... And so, when I eventually did get home I was greeted by both my 'men' bursting with news for me...

Vin wanted to show me his timetable - he's in top set for everything for the start of his GCSE year!!! What a boy! And he wanted to tell me about his day - he'd been a bit unsure about going back... as you would be...

And Carl had had an old colleague call... and offer him a couple of weeks temping to tide us over! As I said - not brilliant, but at the mo a lifesaver, and very much appreciated.

His other news is that the budgies we rescued earlier in the year - Bruce and Sheila.... have laid eggs in their box!

FOUR! Four Eggs! Delicate and tiny - just like their beautiful Mum....!

And so it seems babies may be coming to our house in the near future!! :-)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Isn't it funny, that you can be so down.... and a teeny change in your fortune can make you feel happy again? This work won't last, we know that... but right now, it's a ray of light. And due to our inexperience and our birdies inexperience, and Mother Nature, of course, our babies may not make it....

But today we are full of hope again and happy.

Well, they do say little things please little minds.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Good luck with the babies :D SOunds like fun!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, baby birds - please post photos when they arrive! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails