Monday, September 25, 2006

BB (baby budgie) update

Ok!
The latest news is there are definitely 2 babies in the box!! Mum let us have a better look today - She's a bit more confidant now they are a teensy bit bigger. She allows us to watch her while she feeds them and baby one was actually trying to stand up! He can't lift his head up yet and of course their eyes are still closed but they certainly can kick! There's all kinds of kicking and wriggling going on when they get fed.

I'm sure most folks would agree they're not that cute yet, but we are enchanted.

So we were thinking of names...
Mum and Dad have good old Aussie names - Bruce and Sheila :-) so we were thinking of maybe Kev and Kylie for the babba's... what do you think? Lol!

There's a funny story - too long to tell here right now, but for months after I first met him, I thought Carl was a guy known as Kevin the Aussie (well... he thought I was married, so there were some communication probs going on, obviously) Anyway - there's that - and of course there's Australia's Kevin Bloody Wilson - so Kev's def in the running for boys name... And well, Kylie... I mean - what else? Lol!!

So, later today we'll be attempting to lower the nest box to remove the unhatched eggs - wish us luck - very scary business!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uhhhh, not sure I'd say I was "enchanted" if thats what they look like :D but i can understand you are a bit ecxited about baby-birdys I guess!

rofl!!
Tanya xx oo

Related Posts with Thumbnails