Monday, September 11, 2006

Blog prompt:

What is an outdoor aroma you particularly like and why?

Ahh.... So many.

I love the smell of fresh cut grass, and the way everything smells clean after the rain.

I love the smell of woodsmoke in the Autumn

Love how the tantalising smell of folks Barbequing drifts across my garden in the Summer and the crisp scent of a glass of iced Pimm's with cucumber and mint.

Love Bonfires in November and the smell after a sparkler goes out....

But most of all, I love the smell of hot tar on the road on a blistering day.

We used to sit and pop tar bubbles at the side of the road when I was a kid. And go home with your index finger all black and tarry... and it wouldn't come off, however hard your Mum scrubbed! Lol!

I still LOVE that smell.

3 comments:

Kirsty Wiseman said...

i love tarmac too - but most of all I love coal tar soap xx

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I concur with all of your fave smells; LURVE the smell of a BBQ drifting across the garden, and the 'clean' after the rain :)

Beth said...

where did you get your prompt?

I love your answers

Related Posts with Thumbnails