Friday, September 08, 2006

Got a new game.

Thinking today about ways to facilitate my folks to open up and share their life's experiences and thoughts, I began jotting ideas on a note pad.... I grouped the scribblings into different concepts / ideas, and suddenly found myself drifting off into a reminiscence session of one!

Oh, this could be fun I thought.... but not only for them ! Because my ideas - perfect as they seemed for my dear oldies, could also be used as fun blog prompts for my mates!

So, I am going to drop a little prompt in here everyday. I'll answer it myself, and of course if you're interested, you can answer it also :-)

I knew I went to work for more than the money.... just can't always remember why!!

Today, while having Tea I asked them to think about this:

If I asked you to describe your best friend in 5 words, which 5 words would you choose?

1. Straight
My BF's always dead straight, no nonsense. The WYSIWYG type

2. Reliable

Whenever I have been in trouble she has beeen there. No questions asked.
(is there any need to mention she was always there ,as it was usually her Getting me into trouble...? Nah, thought not)

3. Forthright
For heaven's sake, don't ask her opinion if you might not like the answer, she'll give it to you straight from the hip. Like it or lump it...
Not to hurt you - but just because that's the way she is.

4. Reckless
Sometimes dangerously so, but she likes to live on the edge a bit.

5. Generous.
If she had it and you needed it - it would be yours, and with no great display either. It would come unwrapped and with no publicity or flourish. And with no time limit on when it needed to be given back.

I sometimes wonder if we choose friends that complement us, rather than people who are similar? Perhaps you and your friend are very alike..... or maybe you are chalk and cheese? Have you recently grown close, or have you been frinds since infant school? Whatever... have a think about your friend.... can you describe him/her in just five words?

I wonder what they'd say about YOU!

Lol!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails