Monday, September 04, 2006

stuff... and more stuff...

Hey, Bloggin Buddies......!

Got a couple of bits to share:

Isabelle starts school tomorrow!

She's very very excited and has been singing "tomorow tomorrow, I start school tomorrow...!" til she's driven her poor Mum bonkers... and I assume I will get the blame for that, as I bought her the Annie film in the first place.

I'll post pics of her highness in her uniform as soon as I have some tomorrow.

All I can say on the subject is.... heaven help Miss Gilbert, of reception class one.

Her life is never going to be the same again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really excited to share this!!

Some of you probably know I work in Hobby Therapy, where I spend a lot of my time organising activities in a Care Home. I love my job, and me and my oldies have a lot of fun together, doing everything from games, quiz's, bingo and arts and crafts to theatre trips, pub lunches, garden parties and theme evenings.

My lot live the life of Riley, I tell you.

Anyway, you might remember, I started a craft club for them a few months ago - loads of my lovely scrapping pals sent me all sorts of bits and pieces to fill up my cupboard, and though some folks can't manage more than a bit of stamping or painting, they all enjoy joining in and being part of a creative group.

One lady though, is outstanding. Gwen is in her 80's, and a remarkable lady all round. She's lived a very full life, and even today lives by the philosophy that it's no good grumbling that there's nothing to do, if you don't join in when it's offered....

Boy - do I LOVE her!

Anyway - she has worked on an incredible piece of Art - a collage made using scraps and has created the most amazing canvas - all copied from a snapshot - and I can tell you it's spot on.

It was on display today in the dining room, and I asked if I could share it with you all tonight.

She was thrilled to bits and very excited when I told her it was going on my blog
(she'd heard of those, she said!) And that it would be visible to the world wide web Lol.

So… here we have it:

The Lake by Gwen Algar


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And a closer view of the detail

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Maybe some of you gals will recognise your beads and scraps and bits and bobs!

I hope you like it, but bear in mind that this pic does not do it justice at all. It's so gorgeous IRL

Personally, I think it's just brilliant, and I'm so proud of her.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Jake, that is stunning, WHAT an amazing lady, bet it was a real pleasure to watch this evolve. Can you imagine what she could create given free reign on a shopful of stash...awesome stuff....and I had to chuckle about your little lady, bless her, bet she has a ball :-)

Love Anita..x

Anam_Kihaku said...

amazing!!! well done her.

btw: fay loves your blog - she dances around the place to the music :)

jakey said...

Go Fay!!

So do I hon.. but I bet Fay looks better than me while doing it! Lol!

Unknown said...

Wowsers- it is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Stunning, she sounds a lovely lady

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful piece - I hope she's delighted with it, it's stunning :) xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails