Monday, August 28, 2006

Treasured by me.


Having a go at this week's UKS Blog Prompt. A Treasure Chest:


You have a small chest and you’re going to place things in it that symbolise who you are, important milestones, etc. so that someone years after you’re gone will look at it and see the essence of you. For example, you might place a stethoscope if you’re a doctor or medical student, a Bible if your faith is important to you, etc. Which five items would you choose and why?
1.
A text book of some sort. Although I have flitted from job to job throughtout my life, quickly tiring of any occupation after a while, my studies have remained constant. I am a lifelong learner, and must always be studying something! Years after I graduated, I still have all my old Psychology and Women's Health books, and just can't bear to let them go. I don't even work in this field anymore, but they remain precious even though my years at Uni were not particularly happy, and were blighted at the end, by the loss of Moshie and Jen Jen within six months of each other.
2.
My gold cross and chain. I was always a sunday school girl, and though I don't go to church every week anymore, I still attend services regularly, organising them for my workplace. I believe strongly in God, and feel I am watched over in times of trouble and protected. I never take my cross off. Christmas would not be the same for me, without watching the children sing 'Away in a Manger' in church on Christmas Eve.
3.
My children's birth certificates, Nothing in this world means more to me than my family, and I am more proud of being their mother than of anything else I have ever achieved in my life. I've raised four great kids, and though they are all different they all make me very proud in their own way. I often trouble myself that I was not always a good enough Mother, but with kids like mine I know I must have done something right, somewhere along the way.
4.
Some seashells and a little sand. I love the sea and like my Mum, feel that it is somehow in my blood. I'm never happier than when close to the ocean with the wind in my hair.
5.
A CD of me and Carl's songs... Mr Moonlight, Winterlude, You're the best thing, Not the girl you think you are, Feels like heaven..... things like that. All the silly old songs that mean a lot to us. We're always playing music, acting daft and dancing drunkenly on a Friday night... Well, at least we're still dancing together.
I found this pretty hard. These may not be the proper answers, coz they're a bit rushed but they'll do for now. I'll probably think of loads more things later, knowing me!

1 comment:

scrapdolly said...

Look at youyr blog now girly -s much to see.
I love the clock and I love the quote of the day - I might - if you let me - do a similar thing!

I love your treasure chest items. I always wear my cross too

Related Posts with Thumbnails