Saturday, August 19, 2006

August's finally out



The good thing about Truro is that their branch of WHS sells scrapmags. I was able to pick up a copy of The Scrapbook Magazine, which i can never find round here, and also a copy of Creative Scrapbooking - which i've been waiting for, for so flipping long! Yeah! It's out at last :-) It feels like forever since I sent my contributions off, and finally it's on the shelves - and as they say, better late than never...

It's a good issue. Lots of nice stuff in there, and I'll be having a proper read of it all later, but I was very disappointed with the colours of my feature. The layouts both look horribly garish and over coloured.... though the verse sticks have come out ok...? Quite odd, that. Also, they got the title of one of them wrong.... instead of 'My Boy' it should have been 'My Boy Lollipop' - quite obvious really, as he's eating a lolly in the pic and it's written right across the LO !! Oh, well, musn't grumble, eh? :-)

It appears SI's out too, and I have a challenge LO in there, so I'll have to go seeking a copy in town. At least I know I can buy that one locally. Plenty of reading matter this weekend, and that's great coz I still feel rough as hell, and it'll be nice to snuggle up with all me mags and just rest.

Bit surprised to see another LO using one of my ideas... this time in print - and again - no credit given. At the risk of sounding like some sort of Diva, I have to say I was a bit taken aback, esp as it was from a class page! Ok, it's not exactly the same, but close enough and, clear where the inspiration came from.

Anyway - here they are. Hopefully reproduced in better colour.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails