Friday, December 22, 2006

I was so sad to read about 'Santa' Andy Robertson, who collapsed and died shortly after handing out presents to kiddies at a children's party. The event was thrown by the bowling club he was a founder member of, and it seems this kindly old gent had played Santa there for years, delighting in his role, and revelling in the excitement and happiness of the Grandchildren of his friends, when he handed them a gift and sent them off with a jolly HO HO HO...!

I'm sure this lovely man will be remembered fondly by all who knew him - and what a selfless way to go - dressed up in a jolly suit and bringing joy to the youngsters he'd watched grow up from babies, while the last thing he heard was the happy sound of children having fun with the gifts he'd just given out.

RIP Santa Robertson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paula J Atkinson said...

So sad poor man.
I am poorly with head cold which decided to visit me last night just as I was getting ready to go out for a meal.
I feel very light headed & dizzy & hope I'm going to feel better for my trip to Newcastle tomorrow!!!!
Trying to get round all the blogs & wish people Merry Christmas.
love from
Paula.xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails