Saturday, October 21, 2006

They come ... and they go

It's been a funny old couple of weeks in Scrapworld.

We've heard news of lots of people giving up and or moving on. Celeb scrappers of course, because that's what we hear about, but I wonder how many of us ordinary everyday scrappers are actually feeling the same? The celebs are quitting their blogs - a fashion which sprang up, and sat very well hand in hand with scrapping, but one which though fun, does take up a lot of your time... and some are even giving up scrapping altogether, preferring to concentrate more on the photograps, and journalling separately....

I can't help but feel this is in some ways a backlash produced by greedy manufacturers constantly pushing more and more product at us, taking the onus away from what ought to be the central thing, and rather, turning our pages into pieces of papers not filled with love and pictures and memories, but with fancy pieces of patterned paper, chipboard, embellies and bling.

Everyone wants to be on a DT now; to have a blog; work for a mag; be part of a chllenge group... yet when you are, you find you have no time for anything else!!

My dh moans I spend more time writing about memories, and scrapping them, than actually making them.... it's food for thought. You need a balance sure, but if I sometimes feel overwhelmed at my comittments, how much more so must the celebrity scrappers feel it trying to keep so many balls in the air?

I reckon we'll see more of this backpeddling in the near future - but I guess there'll be always someone desperate to jump into their place, eh?

2 comments:

Paula J Atkinson said...

I think the industry is like many others, they pull you in, chew you up then spit you out...
I love my craft, but being on a design team would mean scrapping etc when you really just can't. So a hobby it stays for me!!! I do love my blog it is a place to let friends & family (we all live miles apart) keep updated on all I make..

Anonymous said...

Certainly food for thought....priorities, priorities!

Related Posts with Thumbnails