Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Rude Awakening...

Today wasn't so bad, but yesterday was awful.

For the last 12 months I've been woken with a cup of coffee and a kiss by Carlos, just before he set off for work. But yesterday he started a new job, with a much earlier start, so I had to resort to a more traditional means of waking, and let me tell you a shrieking alarm suddenly clanging in your ear is something of a rude awakening compared to what I've been used to lately.

Particularly as yesterday was about as wild a morning as you could imagine anywhere. Black thunderous sky, howling wind, torrential rain.... I couldn't see a thing out of the window as the rain overflowed the guttering and came across my windows like a waterfall.

Later Jazz text me from Lanzarote: "Mum! Are you guys ok? I saw tornadoes hit Luton on Sky News!!"

LOL!

First i'd heard of it :-D Took my dd, all those miles away to let me know! But no, we were fine. Slightly damp but fine.

Today's weather is sunny with a blue sky... only in Britain, eh?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails