Tuesday, September 04, 2007

AAE - A day in the life....

...of me.

Wow. Rivetting.

This one's gonna nail em to the floor....ain't it?

But then I started thinking about average.

Average days.

Yours... mine... and I got to thinking that even the queen must have average days sometimes... probably even an astronaught... I mean, let's face it, if you're circling the moon for 18 weeks or something, I bet even that becomes sort of average after a while, eh? Like maybe after the fourth orbit....

So. I decided to have a tongue in cheek look at my average day. And to keep it focused, I chose a working day.

A working day for me starts when I get there... and I do mean that. I have no set hours - I do as I like, when I like... And that's not easy, y'know...

But then, once i've had my first coffee, it's a whirlwind of activity... I mean, real hard slog. Bingo, Dommies, Sing-a-long's... It takes it out of you mate.. ! And then as if I haven't done enough already, I might decide to take a couple of people to the theatre, or out for a pub lunch... I tell you - it's all go. Sometimes we have crafts...and you know how challenging that can be, playing with paper and glue... and then there's the flower arranging, exotic fruit tasting, reminiscence chats, and the never ending quiz's.... it's no wonder I go home exhausted....

And there's my man, the love of my life, offering to cook and pouring me a nice glass of wine... and i know it's all been worth it. All the hard work... another difficult day over... I can kick off my shoes, and relax... well, until tomorrow....

Ahhh....another day , another dollar... eh?

All About Eve - challenge number 6. See the blog for details of our fab sponsorship prize for this challenge!

4 comments:

Laura S. said...

Love it!!!

Laura

Irene said...

Any jobs going?

Paula J Atkinson said...

I think this is a fabulous challenge. Can't wait for the weekend to get cracking. Got to take my camera to work first & get a few shots!!!
I love this page, I think you have a very hard job. Entertaining elderly people can be very challenging.

Anonymous said...

lol! Mary! I know just how you feel! I spend my average day working hard too! Singing, cutting and sticking,swimming, nap time, baking, jumping, hopping, dancing,reading, laughing, rolling... the list goes on! Man i love my boss!
Employer: Ruben george walker halil
Age: nearly 3 !!
lol xxxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails