Wednesday, February 03, 2010

funny how things change

It amuses me how much I enjoy making cards these days. I mean, I never used to make cards. I couldn't understand why anyone bothered to. I know that sounds totally ridiculous, but all I can say is, I was stupid. I was even a little bit snobby, like I thought people who scrapped were somehow better than card makers...

"oh no", I'd smile, "I don't make cards..."

"Noooo... I'm a scrapbooker see, it's what I do..."

Honestly...! What a plonker!! Of course, I'm embarrassed now.

But don't despise me - because people change. They wise up. And I love making cards so much now that the truth is I'd rather make a couple of cards than a page any day if I happen to find myself with little spare time. That might have something to do with the fact that I have a gazzillion pizza boxes crammed full of layouts that no one ever looks at tho, to say nothing of the dozens of bulging albums getting dustier by the day on my groaning shelves. Also, I absolutely can't afford new products, new papers, or new anything, but with all my old stuff kicking around and a few odd scraps of ribbon I can make a nice card without breaking the bank. I'm not saying that i'll never scrap again... it's just that right now i'm having more fun with something else - and isn't that what hobbies are supposed to be all about?

So, two today for this weeks ColourQ challenge. This is another challenge site i've just found and I like the look of it - love me a bit of colour, I do!

The first one I took a bit of a liberty with... so I made another to comply a tad more :-)

The butterflies wings actually stand up, but you can't really see that in the first pic.



And this is the other one. It'll probably be my anniversary card to my Carlo, as we're celebrating 23 years this Sat... or is it 24...? we can never make up our minds!





Thanks for popping by
jkxxx

3 comments:

Julia said...

Love your cards Jake and I think it's great that you are having a bit of a change...like you say that's what hobbies are all about. My DS calls me a butterfly hobbiest because I like to flit from one thing to another. xx

Arielle H Gordon said...

Awesome card, Jakey... love that chipboard sentiment on the ribbon! Thanks so much for playing the colourQ!

Anita said...

Hey Jake! Long time no see Hun! So glad to see you back blogging and sorry i didn't realise before now. I could have totally blogged this post myself too word for word, see I am the same as you now, rarely scrap but just got into cards and loving it LOL. And there is something nice about feeling all virtuous with using up all our scrappy stash thats just sitting around eh ;)Beautiful cards by the way, especially love the anniversary one...Congrats by the way to you both!
Have fun..xx warmest wishes Anita..xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails