Saturday, August 30, 2008

mojo Friday

Nothing going on but the rent...

Are you with me? Everythings going up! Sheesh!

Spent another small fortune on the car yesterday... Exhaust and brake cables... good money after bad if you listen to my dad... But what can you do..? you got to get to work.

Anyway... tomorrow there's a music fest in town. Actually today - It started today. There was a Santana tribute band at the theatre whicj we really fancied, but the car probs put paid to that. Maybe next time.



Tomorrow however, there are free concerts in the park, featuring the blues band the Hamsters ( above), and others, so we're off with folding chairs and picnics and drinkies, and meeting up with D J & the Brownies, so should be a laugh. Pics to follow, no doubt.

On Friday's Mojoholder we lifted a great layout by Rita Weiss

Here's the sketch Sandie made for us



And here's my LO.


Everyone's a teensy bit raw here still and this LO probably reflects that, but I just loved the verse from Corinthians (13:4) and without thinking really, it came together like that. Nice colour combi tho, if I do say so myself ;-)

So, that's it from me...Have a fab weekend girlies... pls say hi if you pop by.

jk xx

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Great job, you do awesome work.

Unknown said...

Oh! I had not realised there was a music festival :-) I really must get to know the area better, but I guess that is what you get for living in the sticks!

If we get our chores done and the sun keeps shining we will have to see about going ...

said...

Love your interpretation of the sketch & the color combo is fab!!!

Thanks for leaving the sweet comment on my blog!!

Sue Jones said...

Great LO!
Glad you got him into collage :) He'll be ok ((((hugs)))
Know what you mean about the car!! My old banger just cost mr a fourtune to get through the MOT and yesterday someone told me my reverse lights are not working ..its going back tomorrow!!! Grrr.

Sue Jones said...

Great LO!
Glad you got him into collage :) He'll be ok ((((hugs)))
Know what you mean about the car!! My old banger just cost mr a fourtune to get through the MOT and yesterday someone told me my reverse lights are not working ..its going back tomorrow!!! Grrr.

Sue Jones said...

opps how'd i do that?

Related Posts with Thumbnails