Saturday, August 23, 2008

Challenges

It's pretty quiet around here without the boy. I never thought I'd miss his dreadful music or his mess... but I do. Actually not the mess... Just his prescence... and maybe even his music a little. Heaven help me if he ever reads this :-) I'll be forced to listen to dragonforce or something with my eyes propped open.... shudder... hhmmmnn..perhaps he can stay out there a bit longer after all.

Yesterday over on mojoholder a new challenge went up. We were lifting a page by Layle Koncar and this was my take on it.


As usual our Sandie did a fab sketch for you to follow:


You can see the other girls takes on the blog .

Y'know, if not for this challenge, I doubt these photos would ever have been scrapped. They're hardly perfect, no big smiles, no special event, in fact Vin's not even looking at the camera - but they do tell a tale, and while the page itself is not really 'me' i'm still glad it's completed. If only to remind me that there was a time in Vinnie's life when ROCK meant something other than thrash metal :-) lol.

A forum friend, Sherry Steveson, has just written a book on this very subject - When Life Gives You Lemons:


And has started a challenge blog making sweet lemonade where she challenges and encourages us to scrap the less than perfect shots as well as giving tips and ideas on how to do so. Check it out, I think you'll like ;-)

Well, that's it from me for now. I'm off to get a coffee and some toast this lazy saturday morning, and seeing as we're not awash with dosh at present, I doubt i'll be doing much more than a bit of crafting, reading, and telly watching for the next few days, but hey - what's wrong with that? A bit of slobbing's good for the soul somethimes, eh? I hope you all have a fantastic bank holiday weekend whatever you're doing and if you pop by my blog for a visit, please say hi. I love to see who's called in so I can come your way on one of my blurfing expeditions and see what you're up to :-)

more later! jk xx

4 comments:

Sue Jones said...

LOL Jakey..just finished sobbing this morning to Terms of Endearment! WHY would they put that on so early in the morning?! I have to explain puffy eyes to Dex when get gets in from work!
As you know (lol) I am broke too, so will be in crafting too.
Thanks for the link ..quite a few of my photos are duff..so i'll check the site out :)
xxxx

Unknown said...

Enjoy some down time - its good to kick back from time to time :-)

My old company car goes back next week so I have brought a car this morning - now feeling very very broke too!

I am off to check out the site - thanks for the link - I am not yet a good photographer so def need help and then I think I shoud get on and make some of the cards I need to send!

B

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Love those colours! Lol at the "rock" comment. :D

Anonymous said...

Yep, there's nothing wrong with a bit of slobbing out, especially when the weather's this rubbish!

I love using all the 'normal' photos on layouts, they do really tell a story, love your version of this weeks sketch:) I hopped over to the challenge blog, it looks interesting, might give it a shot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails