Sunday, August 17, 2008

back bloggin...

Well, there goes a week without a post from me.... I'm rubbish!

As usual, I've been busy tho, and I've have had the family over too, but they've gone home this morning, and have taken my boy with them... Gonna miss the lil jerk, that's for sure
See...he's my fave dude in all the world and best buddy as a rule (even if he does make me listen to his 'music'... and he's out there til next Monday night, so I'll have time on my hands now... maybe I'll even get some crafting done... I can't see me getting out in the garden much with this crap weather going on so I might as well do something eh?

Jazz had her birthday here - last one at home was her 21st, and the one before that her 18th, but we didn't do a lot this time. They're just back from a fortnight in Cyprus and exhausted, and we're completely skint so it was a small family affair, but nice, if quiet.


We went to Tring Museum on Friday as Ruben's never been before and he loved all the animals... shame galleries 5 & 6 were closed for refurb as we never got to see the doggies (which has always been my fave part.. lol) but we saw some big scary critters ;-) which was fab for Rubes, as they just don't really have that kind of thing where he lives and he was fascinated by the bugs in the cases too... and yes, if you're wondering - they DO still have the fleas in clothes - amazing! Lol


We had a lovely pub lunch by the canal afterwards and then went for a walk along the tow path in the sunshine. The weather forcast had said torrential rain, so we felt completely blessed that it stayed so nice the entire weekend :-)









Later we sat in the garden and scoffed gorgeous indian food and loadsa drinks while the kids played, and when it got dark we lit the chiminea and noised each other up and sang songs til far too late.... as you do...y'know...




We managed to demolish Carlo's wood pile no problem (and everything else that wasn't tied down and looked combustible!) and it was hyesterical to see them all sneaking up the back of the garden to find more wood and running down terrified with the few pathetic twigs they'd managed to snatch up before freaking out and fleeing... wimps!

Really guys... It wasn't THAT dark up there!!

So, all in all, we had a pretty good time, shared some love and captured a few more memories to add to pile... and ain't that what it's all about in the end?

What would scrapbooking be without the memories Ladies....?

4 comments:

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fab photos! I swear that boy of yours grows a few feet every time I see a new photo of him!!

I am hopeless at blogging at the minute, I got a new job & they took me on despite not being able to do the job, so I have to study a bit during the week to get up to speed & the rewards will be more than worth a coupe of months sacrifice. The beatuy of this scrapping lark is there is no time limit & a page can take an hour or a few days to come together. It also helps to have lovely scrappy goodness coming through the door once a month, my treat for getting the job!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE PICCYS WISH I WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE ,FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS ASK ABOUT THE FLEAS......WELL I AM GLAD TO SAY THAT THEY ARE HERE SAFE AND I KNOW THAT YOU WILL BE SAD FOR THE WEEK BUT TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE MAMA ,BECAUSE BEFORE YOU KNOW IT HE WILL BE BACK AND THE MUSIC WILL START AGAIN!!! XXX

suebaru said...

OMG..I remember those fleas!! We used to go there as kids,and last went a few years bcak with my Dad and my eldest dd...happy memories!!

Anonymous said...

Hey mary! We had such a good time!! thank you for everything and putting up with our mess!! See ya in december for more!! xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails