Monday, January 25, 2010

Diet....? What diet..?

My holiday's looming... less than 7 weeks now - and the diet's gone to pot. I don't know why. I have good intentions every day, but somehow, somehow, I never quite manage to get by on a leaf and a sliver of steamed chicken. I seem to have a built in self sabotage button. If it's not wine and nibbles, it's something else.

Today it was the choc chip cookies. Now, I made those for the boys.... I made myself a sugar free jelly which I was of course, happy to share. Unfortunately for me - and my diet - the boys generously offered to share their warm, crumbly and moist confections too, and I very nearly succumbed! Which is quite mad as I'm not even a sweet eater!

It's the word diet that does it I reckon... as soon as I say i'm on a diet, I just wanna scoff! Anyone else find that?

Anyway, I DIDN'T eat them. Didn't even taste them... so while the rest of the day might have been a disaster, at least I resisted the treats. :-) But boy, did they smell good!

EASY CHOC CHIP COOKIES



Ingredients
250g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
170g unsalted butter, melted
200g dark brown soft sugar
100g caster sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
325g chocolate chips

Preparation method
1. Preheat the oven to 175 C / Gas mark 4 and grease a baking tray. I'm thinking of buying some of those non stick liners you can get which you just wash and use again. If anyone spots any in Lime green please let me know where!
2. Sift together flour, bicarb and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar and caster sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking trays, with each cookie around 4 tablespoons of dough. Do not flatten the dough. Cookies should be about 8cm apart.
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking trays for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
ENJOY! ( or not, if you're on a diet! lol!)

3 comments:

Nura Keif said...

I can smell the cookie from here, Jake hee...
I'm sure it taste so good!! Drool:-D

Julia said...

Oh Jake I know just what you mean about diets. Having the same problem myself. My the cookies look goodI could almost reach out and grab one. lol!!!

Deb said...

Hi Jakey

Thanks for the kind comments you left on my blog - the feeling is mutual! You have been a great scrapping inspiration to me - I love your layouts and its great to see you blogging again ( I am one of your lurkers!) I hope you enjoy doing the 365 challenge this year. I did enjoy taking part last year - It made me get out to so many different places in search of interesting photos - though I must say I am pleased not to have to take my camera out everyday with me. This years 52 walks challenge is much easier. I love looking back through my album already. Just one word of advice - make sure you print out your photos everyday - or do your photobook prep everyday - I was a bit sluggish in the beginning and the catch up took me ages. I also think it kept me motivated - a year is a very long time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails