After the trauma of the broken camera saga, I decided to take the advice of you sweet girlies who told me to contact the insurance, because tbh, up til then I hadn't even thought of it.
So anyway - I did - and they were great!
Said as we have new for old, I could have vouchers for Jessops, and they'd post them directly out.
I got my vouchers today, which are for £200, and as the actual camera I broke was a fuji finepix f30, which is now discontinued, they have to allow me the updated model, the finepix f60; currently retailing for £199 - which is actually slightly more than we paid for my old one!
As far as i'm concerned as long as it performs as well as the f30 i'll be delighted, but hopefully it'll be even better with a souped up spec, and I'll have no complaints at all.
Will be back at the weekend with some sample shots for your criticisms! :-)
Other news is the cooker's FAB! I hadn't realised how dodgy our old one was, but it's a dream to cook with, other than the fact I have to watch it more and keep an eye when things reach close to boiling point.
Still using up those apples! Lol!
Oaty Apple Muffins
Ingredients - American, but I managed :-)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
3/4 cup quick-cooking porridge oats
1 cup finely chopped apple (about 1-2 apples)
1 1/4 cups un-sifted flour
1/2 cup soft light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix oats and dry ingredients together in large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg. Stir in milk, oil, and finally lemon juice.
4. Add to the oat mixture with the apples and nuts, if using. Fold until just moistened (The batter will be thick).
5. Spoon into a greased muffin tray or paper muffin cups.
6. Bake for 20 minutes in the centre of the oven or until golden.
7. Remove from tin and place on a wire rack to cool.
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon melted margarine or butter
1. Combine icing ingredients together to make glaze.
2. Drizzle lemon icing over muffins.
Scoff and enjoy!