Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Catwalk Queen! Go me! Lol!

I just got told by a teamie tonight that I made the catwalk on Sistv - hey! go me!

Really, what a fab surprise :-) I've been working all day... got home real late as I had a meeting... Ate my LUNCH at 9.45pm (wilted salad... yuck) chatted to a mate for a bit and then logged on for a quick surf and scan of my mb's... Then I spy a toot for me - and there it is - the news. Really chuffed!

Might not be a big deal for everyone but it sure made my day, I tell ya.

Yesterday was a crummy day, coz the car cost me a load of money I don't have. I've recently noticed a prob with the handbrake which I intended to get fixed when I get paid in a couple of weeks... oh, and the electrics have been a bit dodgy - but I've tried to ignore that, at least I did until Saturday night, when I was driving home and realised that everytime I signalled left, my lights went out!

Honestly! Right out!

Obviously quite funny, as the kids are convinced that regardless of whether I'm on foot or in a car I only ever turn left, thereby spending my whole life going round and round in ever decreasing circles (and it's not far from the truth, I do seem a bit fixated on left turns... Come out of Next, turn left... come out of Henney's turn left.. there's whole avenues of MK shopping mall I've never seen because I never get that far....!)

Anyway - obviously this problem needs fixing, so off I trot to the Auto Electrician/Garage and explain my problems. "Leave it with us" they said, and so I did, and awaited their call. Fortunately for me, the garage is owned by a friend of a friend or God knows how much it would have been.... Seems I was losing brake fluid... Eeek! And cylenders or something had to be replaced, fluid topped up and I needed a whole new switch which was £79.80 + vat... what is it made of... Gold?? Plus labour etc and I get a bill for almost £180 quid. Great. Like I could afford that.

On a brighter note, I can now turn left to my hearts content without becoming invisible to oncoming traffic. Gotta be worth the money.

Eh?

8 comments:

Paula said...

Go you!! Wel done girlie!
Kinda makes up for the bill doesn't it.
Am loving the new AAE challenge, just trying to figure out a title!!
Reincarnation is a tad big for al my ideas.

Sandie said...

WTG for making the catwalk :) Bummer about your car though, they have a a habit of going wrong at the most inconvenient times!!!

Paula said...

Yay! Great news! Congratulations.:)

Laura G said...

aaargghhh! The stash you could have bought!!

Tabitha said...

sorry about the car!! Big Congrats on the Catwalk!!

{monica} said...

Congrats...that's awesome!

Colleen said...

hey! you made the catwalk! love it!! congrats...you so deserve it

Lori said...

Oooh congrats Sista- waves to you from the catwalk too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails