Friday, April 18, 2008

long time no blog

Been busy... and after busy, then a bit sad and a lot overwhelmed. I always feel the same after the family go home. The build up to them coming... the excitement and activity while they're here... the noise and clutter and frenetic buzz of the visit, then the quiet and calm after they've gone. To a lesser extent it's similar when we go there - except then I have the laundry to deal with on our return too... making everything that much worse, lol.

I'm getting over it now, but I've had a bad few days. A few can't be bothered days. A few I don't want to talk to anyone, or do anything days. Head in the sand time... you get the picture, I'm sure.

But I must get on. Rejoin my life, and put the visit into a box. Or I'll never get anywhere.

In summary, we had a nice few days. Did a lot of shopping - my DD could shop for England - and actually did while she was here. We went to the Farm for a picnic and had a few hours in the fresh air ( got some very cute pics of the kids there too ;-) ). Had some meals out, went bowling for my Grandson's birthday, had some super meals in, and takeaways, and drinks and nibbles and chat and all the usual family stuff... and then just like that - the 4 days had gone.

Anyway. This quiet life I'm left with here, is my real life, so I'd better get back in it. I don't really know why I don't want to scrap or play with paper, or blog, or do anything. I just know I don't. Maybe I'll rejuvenate over the weekend. I hope so - I hate feeling so lethargic and apathetic... where's the fun in that eh?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hugs

Karen said...

Awww Jakey. Sending you a big hug.

Anonymous said...

Mary! We had a great time and thank you so much for having us! We always love to visit, just wish we could do it more often...never stop missing spending time with you guys! Only 14 weeks and 2 days to go till we're back taking over again!!! lol! Love you, birds sing xxxxx

Sandie said...

Aaaw Jakey I totally understand, I'm the same when I have Mum come to stay, and then she goes home again. Sending you {{{hugs}}}

Related Posts with Thumbnails