Saturday, October 06, 2007

weekend blogging

Well, I feel a lot better today than I did this time last week. Last weekend was a nightmare... and not a time I'd like to go through again anytime soon. Heaven knows how bad it was out there, but me, Carl, Sanna, Don and Vin were in a proper state here. It was so awful knowing how bad things were and not being able to do anything because we were so far away.. At one point Donz and I discussed just flying out - there and then... Let's just say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

But what a difference a week makes!

Up to now this week I've been completely knackered, and going to bed really early as I couldn't keep my eyes open. Jazz said Erk's been the same. I think we must have both been so emotionally exhausted from the stress that we kind of just shut down... I don't know. But today I feel good and have decided on great advice to ignore anything that is likely to burden my heart. So there!

I've got a couple of things to look forward to too, and I plan to concentrate on those, as scrapping just doesn't seem to be doing it for me in a way that it once did. In fact I don't scrap anywhere near as much as I used to, often prefering to just curl up with my book or even watch the telly - and I've never been a telly watcher lol! Maybe it's just a phase.. or maybe i'm simply scrapped out... who knows? All I can say is, I don't have the enthusiasm or interest anymore... Perhaps it's what scrapping has become in the last couple of years that's putting me off. Could be I guess, as I know a few others who say they feel the same.

Anyway, having said that - here's one I made earlier...It's my mojo from last night. We used a layout by dolly as our inspiration and while mine looks little like the original, it was made for the challenge, and draws on Karen's design in some respects.

My Girl (with her girl)


Hugs to all - wishing everyone a smashing weekend.

love jk x

5 comments:

Paula J Atkinson said...

Im so glad all the stress is over for you now. It is amazing what a difference a day makes.
Gorgeous layout.
I know how you feel re scrapping. I am actually loving my minibooks & cards, sort of going back to my roots. Im branching out with new materials & having fun. Scrapping stopped being fun for me. I love the AAE challenges but apart from my team scraplifts I barely do any layouts.

monica.coffman said...

I can understand about the scrapping...I often lose my mojo and so often it's because of the industry and the emphasis they put on so many areas. But then, I remember WHY *I* do it and I find it again. Just do it for you and you'll get back in the groove. :)

Anonymous said...

Mary! Cant believe you used the one of me sniffing the pup! i couldnt help it though....she just smells sooooooo good! Love the LO xxx

Anonymous said...

sending you lots of love!!!
glad things are looking up!!
XOXOXO

Jak said...

hi hunny! you won! can you contact me via scrapajack website with your details.

Jak x

PS. Gorgeous layout, love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails