Saturday, August 07, 2010

Chicken Talk!

At work we took part in the 12 day experience - friends on facebook will have seen the pix. On a pre-arranged day an incubator arrives from Living Eggs containing 10 ready to hatch eggs... and within a couple of days you several have gorgeous fluffy chicks!

They can't guarantee how many, but I understand it's usually around 6-8. However, in our case all 10 hatched, much to the delight of the residents and staff. I began recording their progress from the day the eggs arrived, and I've decided to put together a scrapbook album so the residents and their families can reminisce about the event as often as they like.

I intend to keep it very simple:

1. to save time, because much as I love the resi's, most of it will be done at home and my time with my family is precious to me.

2. The vast majority of my residents have some degree of dementia, and clutter on a page can be very confusing for them. If I want them to look at it often ( and I do) then I need clear, clean lines and nothing way out or whacky.


To keep it coordinated i'm sticking to a fairly simple monochromatic colour scheme, but to add a little fun i've chosen a few simple embellishments, and will use stamps throughout to carry the reader from page to page.

Just hope it turns out ok, and they love it as much as they love the chickadees themselves!


I've also been busy cardmaking, and can't believe how much i'm enjoying crafting again... mind you, let's be honest, the weather's been naff so i'm not interested in being outside. I read that Summer's on it's way back, and next week's gonna be nice again, so might as well take advantage of the bad weather to catch up on projects indoors while it's grim!

I made this this morning, just a quickie card for DCM's latest challenge. I have a number of August birthdays coming up, and Peridot is the birthstone for August born folks, so this will no doubt be useful for someone. Thanks to Debra for the stickers, told you i'd find a use for them one day even if the oldies couldn't!

And this for Card Patterns sketch no 75




more soon
have a lovely weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Manda Burrell said...

Glad to see you back Jake, I missed your newsy posts and lovely layouts and cards :)

Manda xx

Alison said...

What a lovely project - and how amazing that all 10 chicks hatched! Good luck with your project, Jake - and I look forward to seeing it's progression! :)

Kathy said...

Oh wow, what a wonderful project, your ladies and gents are going to enjoy watching those chickies soooo much.

I love the circles card - bright and beautiful!

JoZart Designs said...

That is sooo groovy.. love the chicks too!
JoZarty

Julia Dunnit said...

Getting the green vibe man!! How cool is that! Love it. Thanks for 'doing the DCM'!

Lynda said...

Love your very 'groovy' take on our Dare this week. Thanks for joining in.

Lynda xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails